Community Action For Sustainable Development
Credit Photos: Annie Spratt - Sierra Leone
Empowering and transforming the lives of vulnerable and underprivileged communities.
CASD-SL is a membership network and community-based organization of local and national community structures that originates and headquartered in Bo Southern Province of Sierra Leone.
As a community-based organization, we want to make, develop and integrate communities where youth, women, and children realize their full potentials that enables them to facilitate sustainable change.
CASD-SL is committed to advancing sustainable economic development, empowerment, and independence for disadvantage communities in rural areas of Sierra Leone.
Goals and Objectives:
1. To promote basic and holistic transformational development services through agriculture, education, mentorship aimed at reducing “extreme hunger, poverty, illiteracy and injustice.
2. To promote sound gender equality, human rights, democracy and good governance in the rural communities.
3. To encourage provision of accessible learning centers for alternative education and literature and comprehensive health care services to poverty-stricken communities.
4. To build and encourage women and youth employment; enterprises scheme and inter-cultural mutual bond communications that build peace and harmony between communities.
5. To partner with local, national, regional, international charities, institutions, foundations, individuals, donors and UN agencies to achieve holistic transformation in sharing skills and knowledge pertaining to community welfare and development
|Project||Year||# of "husband schools" established||# of GBV Prevention male advocate trained||# of men reached||#of cases settled|
|Male engagement against Gender-Based Violence||2019-2021||30||800||2500||168|
|Project||Year||# of Community based Girl mentorship circles||# of adolescent girls who received mentorship||# of hygiene kits distributed||# of girls protected from teen pregnancy|
|Girl Mentorship against harmful traditional practices||2019-2021||10||300||200||160|
Int. Partnerships & Grant Coordinator
Empowering Communities in Sierra Leone
We Strive to align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals